Hope reads is a virtual volunteering opportunity for you, your team or community to support our mission of delivering a boost of hope to hospitalized and homeless children nationwide. Through your personal donation or corporate sponsorship, we can provide children with an exceptional virtual library of their favorite stories 24 hours a day, 365 days a year free of charge thanks to heroes like you. It's simple! Select your favorite children's book to read, record your story landscape (with your smartphone sideways) and upload your story to our Wetransfer site. Specific directions below.
Story time filled with hope
Shared by you
Story time filled with hope. Shared by you.
Thank You NBC Universal!
Thank You Point32Health!
be a hope reads super hope hero!
Important Tips when submitting Stories
Choose picture books from the following publishers: Simon & Schuster, Penguin Random House, Macmillan, or Scholastic.
Please no chapter books.
At the beginning of the video, please state your name, the book title, author, and publisher.
Please read in a well lit, quiet environment with a steady camera. Have fun with it! Use voices, props, costumes, etc.
- Since some videos are too big to email, the first thing you want to do is share them by going to wetransfer.com
- Upload your video to share
- Email to: email@example.com
- Please let us know (in the Message Box) which company you are reading with so we can highlight their support. Your company sponsorship makes it possible to provide our virtual library free of charge to children in crisis. Sponsorship forms can be found here.
- It may take some time for the file to upload so please be patient, but once it's done hit transfer, we'll receive your video and upload it to the library
APPROVED PUBLISHER READING SUGGESTIONS :
Thank you to our founding sponsors
Hope Factory events per month
Children have received Hope bags
Goal to help 1 million children by 2024